Last update on: 28/06/2019
“Scientific Cultural Events & Publications” (hereinafter referred to as “the Company”, “we” or “us”), located in 10 Dedalou str. Postal Code: 71202 commits to protect and respect your privacy.
For the purposes of the applicable data protection legislation, the company is defined as “SCEP” with its registered office located at 10 Dedalou str., Postal Code 71202, Heraklion, Greece.
1. Information Collection
We collect your personal information when you use the Website. The information we collect falls into three categories: (a) information you provide to us, (b) information we collect via automated methods, and (c) information we collect from other sources.
We may combine the information you provide us with information collected by automated methods and with information obtained from other sources.
1.1 Indicatively, we collect the following information that you provide us:
• through the Website; the Company collects only Registered Users’ personal data which they have provided to the Website solely for the purposes of using certain services, and only if the Users have accepted the relevant Terms of Participation. Specifically, the following data are collected and processed from Registered Users, for example: name, surname, username, email address, contact phone number, address, state, country, city, postal code,
• your profile information, including your preferred services or the times you prefer to visit us or for the frequency with which you use the Website and
• other personal information you choose to provide us during your interaction and/or communication with us (indicatively email, contact telephone, contact form).
1.2 We collect information via automated methods
We may use automated technologies to collect information when you use our Website. We may collect information about:
• the operating system you visit the Website,
• messages to us or to us on social media, and
• actions related to the way you use our Website, such as sections you visit on our Website.
2. How we use the information we collect
We will use the information we collect for the following purposes:
• so that you can navigate and make use of the features of the Website,
• to personalize your experience on our Website,
• to manage our business, including developing new products and services, conducting customer research, and evaluating our sales, marketing and advertising performance,
• to maintain, manage and improve our products, promotions, promotional campaigns and the Website,
• to comply with the applicable legislation,
3. Who we share the information that we collect with
4. The time period for which your personal information is kept
5. Links to other websites and social media
6. International data transfer
The personal information we collect from Users will remain and will be stored on a secure server within the E.U.; the Company will take all reasonable measures to protect that data.
In general, our service providers are contractually obliged to protect your personal data and may in no way use or transfer your personal data.
You have the right to request a copy of the above by contacting the company “SCEP” at email@example.com.
7. Information security
We undertake to take all appropriate measures designed to ensure the safekeeping of your personal information. Our technical, administrative and physical processes are designed to protect your personal information against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized loss, access, disclosure, use, modification or destruction. While we strive to protect our information systems, no website, information system or data transmission on the Internet or on any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
8. Your rights
Under current legislation, you have the right to access, that is to say, upon your request, to know whether or not your personal data is being processed and to receive further information on the processing, in particular on the processing being used, and the appropriate processes followed related to transfers to third countries or international organizations. In addition, you have the right to request the correction of your inaccurate personal data. Also, if the conditions of the law are met, you have the right of deletion, the right to limit the processing, the right to data portability and the right to object to the processing.
Furthermore, you may withdraw your consent at any time without, however, prejudicing the legitimacy of the consent-based processing before it is revoked.
Finally, you have the right to file a complaint with the relevant competent supervisory authority if you believe that the processing of your personal data is inconsistent with the applicable legislation.
You have the ability to exercise the above rights as well as receive further information concerning them by contacting us in writing in the manner described in the “How to Contact us” section below.
10. How to Contact us