23rd International Conference on Progress in Vaccination Against Cancer
We cordially invite you to the next PIVAC meeting “The 23rd International Conference on Progress in Vaccination Against Cancer” (PIVAC-23) which will be held from 28th –30th September 2023 in Athens, Greece at the Saint Savvas Cancer Hospital, 171 Alexandras avenue, 11522, Athens.
PIVAC 23 aims to bring together scientists working on translational and clinical cancer research for three days of presentations on the most recent advances in these fields including (i) immunotherapies (cellular, immune checkpoint blockade, vaccines); (ii) innate immunity and tumor control; (iii) host- tumor interactions in the tumor microenvironment; (iv) in vitro and in vivo models for cancer immunotherapies (v) combinational cancer therapy approaches; and (vi) prognostic and predictive biomarkers in tumors and immune cells.
Improved knowledge of genomic and molecular alterations in tumors has significantly contributed to improved clinical outcomes. However, many hurdles remain to be overcome. Alterations in the tumor genome are associated not only with immune stimulation but also with an immune suppressive microenvironment and tumor immune escape mechanisms. Currently, various promising novel approaches are being employed to improve the efficacy of immunotherapies alone or in combination with targeted therapies, often by seeking to reverse the immunosuppressive environment. Additionally, prognostic signatures are being sought in order to provide a basis for tailored immunotherapies.
During the meeting there will be plenty of time for fruitful discussions between speakers and participants to encourage the emergence of new collaborations.
On behalf of the Organizing Committee, we are pleased to invite you to participate in this Meeting.
- Olga Balaoura, President of the Board of Directors and Commander of the Saint Savvas Cancer Hospital
- Dr. Constantin N. Baxevanis, Scientific Director Cancer Immunology and Immunotherapy Center, Cancer Research Center, Saint Savvas Cancer Hospital
- George Georgiou, Deputy Director of Finance, Saint Savvas Cancer Hospital
- Prof. Graham Pawelec, Department of Immunology, University of Tübingen, Tübingen, Germany
Head of Conference Secretariat, Dr. Vasiliki Gkioka
The Scientific Committee welcomes the submission of abstracts to the PIVAC-23. Abstracts have to be submitted through the website, using the relevant form. Abstracts will be selected on their scientific merit.
An individual can submit one or more abstracts as presenter or first author. Abstract submission will open from June 1st 2023. Abstracts will not be accepted if sent by fax, e-mail or hard copy (paper copy). Replacing or correcting an abstract submission: Do not resubmit an abstract through the web site. Any corrections should be made by e-mail to the meeting Secretariat.
Submission deadline: Abstract submission will close on Sunday, September 10th 2023. The Scientific Committee will evaluate all abstracts submitted for presentation. The authors will be notified regarding acceptance of their abstracts by September 15th, 2023.
Onco will sponsor a best poster award of 500 CHF
Abstract Formal General – Submission Guidelines
- Supported file type: Word Document (*.doc,*.docx)
- Abstracts must be submitted in English
- Describe the objectives and results of the research in the abstract so that the Abstract Evaluation Committee can evaluate the quality, originality, and completeness of the abstract. Abstracts will be judged solely on the basis of the data in the submitted abstract.
- Title: Should be brief and reflect the content of the abstract – limited to 25 words in UPPER CASE, bold, Times New Roman font, size 12.
- Authors and Affiliations: include the names of all authors and institutional affiliations.
- The name of the author presenting the paper should be underlined.
- Author and co-authors’ details
Full first and family name(s).
Authors’ names must be in upper and lower case (J.J.C. Smith).
- Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
- Name(s) (lower case, bold, Times New Roman font, size 11)
- Affiliation details (lower case, italics, Times New Roman font, size 11)
- Body of abstract: Organize the abstract according to four sections, identified by the following headers:
- Body of Abstract:Use Times New Roman font, size 12, single-spaced, justified, without page number.
- Do not refer to study results or conclusions in the title of the abstract. The title should objectively describe the study.
- Do not include illustrations with the abstract.
- Place abbreviations in parentheses immediately after the first mention of a term or phrase; the abbreviation can then be used throughout the abstract.
- Do not exceed 350 words for the total of your abstract title, body, and table. The character count does NOT include spaces or author names or institutions.
Who should attend?
PIVAC is dedicated to scientists working on active immunization against cancer, both in prevention and therapy, at the pre-clinical and/or clinical level. PIVAC is also an ideal environment to stimulate the interest of students and young researchers who approach this field of research.
|Early Registration – July 31, 2023||400€|
|Late Registration – September 15, 2023||450€|
In order to complete your registration, please arrange payment of the registration fee. All payments must be made in EUR. You can deposit the amount to the following bank account:
Epistimonikes Ekdiloseis kai Ektyposeis (SCEP)
IBAN:GR38 0172 7540 0057 5404 4249 696
Note: Upon the deposit of the amount please include the name of the registrant and congress title.
Special Thanks to...
Onco is an international, peer-reviewed, open access journal on the whole field of oncotargets and cancer therapies research published quarterly online by MDPI. Open-free for readers, with article processing charges (APC) paid by authors or their institutions.
- Rapid Publication: first decisions in 16 days; acceptance to publication in 5.8 days (median values for MDPI journals in the second half of 2022).
- Recognition of Reviewers: APC discount vouchers, optional signed peer review, and reviewer names published annually in the journal.
- Onco is a companion journal of Cancers.